Saturday, June 27, 2009

temporary insanity

I think I long for simpler times even though I have never known what I long for. Things like chickens, so I can gather eggs. A farm to work on, and to eat from the earth's bounty every day.


You know like back in the pre-hysterical times when humans would just sit around and stare at each other -scuttle.

Sometimes I think I might love that, but then I remember that I can't sew to save my life, and I hate the heat, and how nice it is to not have to cook dinner every once in a while-let alone every meal every day. (Did they have ice cream back then?)

What was I thinking. I really don't want to live like that, I like cars and refrigerators
and air conditioning, I LOVE air conditioning, almost as much as my firstborn I love air conditioning

I've definitely been reading way too many historically set books.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I have moments like this too. When I wish I could just live in a Jane Austen novel because times were so much simpler.

    Then again, I would hate the fact that nothing would really belong to me, being a woman...

    Ok, I can live where I am now. :)

    ReplyDelete