Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's still cold, so I'm still whining

You know those days where the sun is shining, the sky is pale blue and cloudless and it looks so inviting outside, the snow calls for you to come out and play, maybe make a snow man. And then you step outside and the cold sucks the breath right out of you. The kind of cold where the ground is like steel, especially when you slip and fall. Water resembles stone more than anything, and the pretty fluffy snow that fell a few days ago has now turned into a razor sharp balnket of pain. Even when another layer of snow falls there isn't much relief, just another layer on the frozen crust that used to be the lawn. I never thought I'd wish for 30 degrees, but I do. I do.

1 comment:

  1. girl, it was over 30 degrees out there today! i told sean last night that the upper 20's never felt so good:-) funny how a week of single digits and teens can do that to a person. i guess that's why people wore bathing suits when it hit 45 degrees in april, haha. really, they did. and it felt warm enough outside. anything below 5 always make me cough when i walk outside. hoping to walk tomorrow outside!!!

    ReplyDelete