Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Re-solutions?

I hope it's not too late- I haven't made any resolutions for the new year yet. I've never been a good resolution maker, the year of "spend less" washed out pretty fast, no I am not a shop-a-holic, that was the year of surgeries. we all know that surgeries=bills and bills= spending money, lots of it. so that's out of the running for good. Others that were a bust: eat less chocolate; that lasted a whole 2 minutes- there was fudge leftover from Christmas, Oh and the be less sarcastic one, that went over like a ton of bricks. see I'm really not very good at this.

I think my resolution making skills suck because I make one and suddenly the universe has very different plans for me, like the exact opposite of what I resolved to do. What exactly is a resolution anyway? re solution, like trying to fix the same problems over and over again? I don't really get it, and maybe that's the real problem with my resolution making skills- so do you make a list of your problems and think of new and improved solutions? Is that how it's supposed to go? and how many do you make, are they all supposed to be difficult, or should there be varying degrees of difficulty? I really need to be ensured some success-cause I'm a lazy overachiever.

Lets see; no babies, there really aren't any more solutions for that, tried them all- I promise. What else; sassy girl loathes school, requested teacher last year, maybe let the chips fall where they may this year? I hope I can be that brave, it's hard for a smother mother like me to hand over decisions for Girl Child to strangers, even if they might know better than I do.

I think I've narrowed it down to 5
1. read scriptures more, family and personal
2. less smothering for Girl Child
3. make meal plans for each month-and actually try to stick to it
4. do at least 1 nice thing-above and beyond regular stuff- everyday for The Schroeder and Em
5. paint my nails more often-once a year would cover this one. I told you I need a guaranteed success.


1 comment:

  1. #6. Make more cookies for The Schroeder because of real estate 'emergencies'

    ReplyDelete