Friday, May 1, 2009

mmm tasty

I don't like fish... its fishy. Fishy smelling, fishy tasting. Not so appealing to me.

Then I had fish tacos at Rubios (fish taco tuesday-they're 1 dollar).

I decided to try my hand at making my own. and they were so insanely tasty.

Aaron and Emma loved them (although they are good fish eaters-even salmon-yuck)



Aren't they pretty? They were so tasty too!

Fish Tacos

2-3 talapia loins cut in half
warm tortillas
1 lime
fresh ground salt and pepper
1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4-1/2 C sour cream
3-4 leaves of cabbage
*cool trick- roll up the leaves and cut them with scissors- it shreds them up so perfectly
(thanks mom)

Mix the lime with the sour cream, salt and pepper to taste, add the cabbage.
Dredge the fish through some salt and pepper, then fry until golden brown and crispy
*its best to use a non stick pan*
Place sour cream and cabbage mixture in the bottom of a tortilla
top with fish and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment