Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Christmas Thoughts

ONLY 3 DAYS until Christmas, I can hardly contain myself. The neighbor gifts are going to be delivered tonight, by The Schroeder and The Girl Child, while I go play in the freshly fallen snow with the young men and young women. It really doesn't seem fair, but they'll manage somehow.

And even better, Girl Child is almost out of school for Christmas break YAY. They keep them in school for far too long, I think, but that's just me... one of those annoying parents who like their kid and could do with more time to do things together before Christmas, you know a weird parent.

Only one thing left to do before school is out, let her take in the gifts she painstakingly made, as well as the teacher gift, which according to Girl child has not been sufficiently earned this year.
Apparently gifts are earned, I was unaware of this, but really it makes sense-sort of. "Santa can't come visit you if you're naughty" I guess that is one way of earning the privilege of receiving a gift.

I personally like her whole "I'm your flesh and blood, so therefore its a given" notion, but what can I say, Santa has always been a little creepy for Girl Child. She shunned him for the first 4 years of her life, and in her 5th year the next door neighbor kids let her in on the secret, so it's never been something we've ever had to fake for her. I think I like it better this way, but I have nothing to compare it to. Oh and one more positive for no Santa, YOU get credit for all of the great gifts- and really that's what it's all about, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment