Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ready, set, wait

Oh Phil, 6 more weeks you say? I just don't know that I can handle it, maybe it'll hold true only for certain, far more easterly than here, parts of the country. I need spring, and not the teasing where you get a glorious day in the 50's and is seems to be time to plant the garden, and mow the lawn, and then the next day is back to sub-zero. I just don't think I can handle it, the anticipation is killing me.

Speaking of groundhogs and what not, lately I feel like I've been living in the movie groundhog day, except I don't get to punch people or anything. It's more the repetition, and not knowing one day from the next that has me feeling this way. Laundry continuously piles up, but I don't know where it comes from. Dishes, every day it's the same, unload dishwasher, reload dishwasher, but I have a dishwasher and that is what counts right? Get Girl child off to school in the nick of time, just like yesterday, and tomorrow. It goes on and on like this, and before I know it a whole year has gone by. apparently I need a hobby, hopefully in the form of a smallish human child, either variety. that would do wonders for the repetitiveness don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it would feel nice to punch the people ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, another small person would be the perfect solution to your ennui. Hope Spring brings you some special magic this year!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. does he ever NOT see his shadow? let's just all know it's going to be 6 weeks longer and call it good. let the groundhogs be about the rest of their business.

    ReplyDelete