Monday, June 14, 2010

bugs, lizards and tons of fun

Rafting Rocked, unfortunately I couldn't take el camera on the river, so all you get are pictures of the rest of our trip.
This bee got stuck in the wiper- struggled for about an hour and then flew away


These two got along nicely the whole way, no need to turn the car around if you know what I mean


She was a lizard catching fool- at one point she had 5- snakes with legs I say

The next door neighbor was kind enough to model lizard earrings



I found some marshmallows- not any mallows but roaster mallows- they're the size of a small dog, and they were so good. When s'mores were made, there was 3 inches of mallow hanging off of the edges. A sticky mess of goodness is what it was. I personally liked roasting them, puling the top brown layer off, eating it and then roasting the next layer of gooey deliciousness.

More fun than a barrel full of monkeys-rafting was definitely the highlight of the trip, but games around the campfire and being away from real life for a while was a close second. We're already planning next years trip, and I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great trip. By the way, I was kind of a lizard freak when I was your daughter's age. (We lived in the desert, so maybe that explains it to some extent...)

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun trip! I have a wonderful picture of my daughter when she was about 3 with a big boo-boo on her lip. She'd caught a blue belly lizard and tried to kiss it, and it, (thinking it was about to be lunch), "kissed" her back.

    ReplyDelete