Sunday, March 28, 2010

mom interrupted

Well maybe it should be titled NAP interrupted. I was only about 20minutes into what I can tell was going to be a fantastic nap- then the dang dog starts going crazy. Jumping up in the window, whining, doing laps- the whole bit. So I ask Girl Child to let him out only to find out that there is no Girl Child- gone, not in the house- hence the dog, aka nanny, is freaking out.

She just decided to go outside to play with her friends, without asking permission or even telling anyone where she was going. Scariest 4 minutes of my life, then maddest 30 minutes after I found her. She was promptly sent to her room- so I wouldn't strangle her, and for her to 'think about what she'd done'.

The sad thing is is that I remember doing the exact same thing when I was her same age, only I snuck to the pool with my friend. and I remember thinking when I as punished 'what's the big deal?' and now I know what the big deal was. Sorry mom- I know it's 20 years late, but I am really sorry.

1 comment:

  1. There's nothing more scary than those moments when you have no idea where one of your children is! Nothing!!

    =)

    PS. I love that your dog is such a nanny. So cute!

    ReplyDelete