Saturday, May 22, 2010

questions on motherhood

Can too much eye rolling cause brain damage? I'm a little worried if so, since the Girl Child has rolled her eyes about 10,000 times in the last 24 hours. I'm beginning to think that she'll just pass out from rolling her eyes too far- and wake up blind or something really horrible.

How did my 8 year old get to this point so quickly? I thought I had at least another 4 or 5 years before I had to start worrying about this. Is it something to even worry about or just ignore for the time being? Why don't they come with reset buttons or panic buttons or something? Who can figure out what goes on inside an emotionally high strung little girl's head? Not me that's for sure.

Early bed-time, and a big bowl of ice cream (for me) is the treatment for now.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, she's starting early! Looks like you are in for a fun ride!

    ;)

    PS. But the feisty ones do make the greatest adults...at least, that's been true in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... you and I subscribe to the same treatment: a bog bowl of ice cream! Patience. It's all over in the blink of an eye. At least that's how it feels looking back. She really will grow up to be a delightful person.

    ReplyDelete