Monday, August 23, 2010

ecxitement induced insomnia

This could quite possibly be an exaggeration, but I was up all night long- now don't go thinking this a post about marriedly doings, cause it's definitely not.

It's about the problem of insomnia, not my insomnia either. It was all the Girl Child's insomnia that keeps me up.

The Girl Child was so excited about the first day of school that she put herself to bed at 8:00. Then she woke up at 11- and stayed awake until 2- am. 2 am people. I wasn't very happy to hear- "mom is it morning yet?" every 5 minutes, but I was glad that to hear that she's excited for school. I was gladder when she finally fell back to sleep.

She popped right out of bed, wanted to skip breakfast, ready to go to school an hour early. Apparently the middle of the night wandering didn't interfere with the pep she had going on. It messed with mine.

It's officially the end of summer vacation. unofficially there's still a lot to pack into the rest of the summer.

4 comments:

  1. How I wish that excitement lasted longer than that first morning or two. Enjoy your quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first day of school. Its a big deal. A VERY big deal. At least she was looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that she's excited, but you must have felt like a zombie yesterday! Hope you got a better sleep last night...

    =)

    PS. Sorry my Centus offering this week was such a downer. Sometimes I like to go there and sort of visit another side of my writing self, but I have to agree. That one was pretty dark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should have sent her my way. I don't sleep at night these days anyway. ;)
    I sure hope she enjoys school as much as she's anticipating.

    ReplyDelete